If you have begun noticing fine lines and wrinkles in your facial features but prefer a subtle and low-impact approach to rejuvenation, you may be a good candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic. This prescription medication is one of the most studied aesthetic treatments in the world and has been helping patients achieve a younger-looking appearance since 2002.
The doctors of Union Oral Surgery have extensive expertise and certification in the use of BOTOX for patients in Monroe, Mint Hill and all of Union County. Our practice oral surgeon, Dr. Steven Patty, is both board-certified as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon and a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. His experience in anatomy, aesthetics, and facial proportions help him give patients rejuvenated results that look and feel natural.
BOTOX is one of several treatments for fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial muscle activity. Other brand names you may have heard of that have similar effects are Xeomin® and Dysport®. We primarily use BOTOX at Union Oral Surgery because of its proven effectiveness.
You may be a good candidate for treatment if you have these types of lines and wrinkles and want a younger-looking appearance. As an example, consider the lines that appear between the eyebrows (“elevens”) when you frown. As you get older, the muscles that form these lines may continue to “fire” even when your face is no longer making the expression. This can make you look less happy, relaxed, or rested than you actually are.
In the treatment:
- Your doctor injects BOTOX directly into the muscles that form these lines.
- The medication reduces the movement of the targeted muscles.
- This helps relax lines and wrinkles, improving the skin’s
BOTOX focuses specifically on the muscle that is treated. This allows the doctor to address precise areas of concern, leaving you with fewer visible signs of aging.
The Benefits of BOTOX
If you have never had a cosmetic procedure before, injectables are an excellent entry point. Our practice recommends BOTOX to patients in Monroe, Mint Hill and all of Union County because it:
- Provides results. You can expect to see improvement within 5-7 days.
- Offers great-looking outcomes. Our doctors’ skills and experience with BOTOX helps rejuvenate your features in a natural-looking way.
- Is minimally invasive. Administering BOTOX takes very little time, and there is usually no sign of treatment after five minutes. We do advise patients who are on blood thinners and who have taken NSAIDS within the previous five days that they may be at a higher risk for bruising. Your doctor can give you specific instructions about treatment.
- Is a temporary solution. Trying BOTOX is simple. If you decide that you don’t want to continue using it as a restorative option, you can simply stop. Its effects will fade after 3-6 months.
What BOTOX Patients Can Expect
Schedule a visit in Monroe or Mint Hill with Union Oral Surgery. Your doctor and our licensed aesthetician can talk with you about the concerns you’d like to address and the options we have available for treatment. If you are a good candidate for BOTOX, we can advise you about areas where it can improve signs of aging as well as recommend other skin rejuvenating treatments.
Getting BOTOX is simple and fast:
- All procedures are conducted by a doctor certified in the treatment.
- We use an extremely fine needle for BOTOX, which most patients say is even more tolerable that a local anesthetic injection.
- The length of your procedure will depend on the number of areas you are treating and the severity of your lines and wrinkles, but the process can take as little as 10 minutes.
Over the next 5-7 days, you can expect signs of aging to reduce. This should give your face a more youthful and rested appearance. Many patients report a subtle improvement that friends, family, and co-workers notice but can’t define. If your goal is natural-looking rejuvenation, we invite you to explore BOTOX with our practice.
Monroe, Mint Hill and all of Union County patients can contact Union Oral Surgery online or by phone about scheduling an appointment.